Snayniyeh is a famous Lebanese Dessert always made when your baby gets her/his first tooth. Leila got hers during her 7th month & I made her this delicious dessert to celebrate. It is so good and it is the easiest to make. All you need is some wheat, sugar, cinnamon, anise seeds & water! And you are set to make the yummiest dessert that you will serve on every occasion not only when those teeth show up!
Send me pictures if you ever do it!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 very hungry people
- 1 cup Cracked Wheat
- 1 tbsp Anise Seed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 L Water
- 1 tsp Orange Blossom
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- Pomegranate Seeds to decorate
- Nuts to decorate (usually pistachios, almonds & walnuts)
- Cook the wheat in boiling water for an hour or until tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Place the anise seeds in an infuser and add it to the water while the wheat is cooking.
- Remove the wheat from heat and stir in icing sugar, orange-blossom water and cinnamon.
- Place in bowls and decorate with pomegranate & nuts.