My mom doesnt usually cook or bake. This Mixed Berries Tart is one of her creations and it is really really really good! (she usually does it with strawberries only) Try it and let me know what you think!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking/Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6-8 people
- 3 cups of Flour
- ½ cup granulated Sugar
- 200 g Butter, softened
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Liquid Strawberry Flavoring
- 2 cups of Milk
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Strawberry Flavoring
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Can Cream or Ashta – 170 g (Sugar Apple condensed in a can)
- 600 g Mixed Berries of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Blend all ingredients of crust together to form a dough. Transfer dough to rectangular tart pan with removable bottom.
- Press dough evenly into pan and sides. With a fork, prick crust all over and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Let it cool once done.
- In a pan, over medium heat, combine milk, sugar, flour, egg, vanilla, flavoring and butter until you get a custard like filling.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Accordingly, add the Ashta/Cream and mix together. Fill crust.
- Decorate with berries of your choice.