I’ve been day dreaming about a piece of Lazy Cake for the past few days. It is really weird that no restaurant serves it in Dubai. This cake, called Lazy because it is easily made and doesn’t require any baking, reminds me of my childhood. My mom used to always make it for my sister and I as a quick dessert. I will not be following my mom’s recipe though since hers requires some cooking however, I am giving you a simple recipe that literally needs 10 minutes to make.Enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freezing Time: 2 hours or more
Serves: 5-6 people
- 40 Tea Biscuits
- 125 g of Butter
- 6 tablespoons of Cocoa
- 6 tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- ½ a cup of Condensed Milk
- Mix the Cocoa and the Sugar together.
- Melt the Butter.
- Using a handheld mixer, blend the Cocoa and Sugar mix with the Condensed Milk. Add the Butter bit by bit as you whisk.
- Crush the Tea Biscuits into relatively big pieces (each biscuit into 4-6 pieces) over the mixture and combine it together using your hands.
- On a Cling Film (big enough to roll over the cake), place the above to form a consistent log.
- Wrap it well and Freeze it for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve 🙂