This Green Veggies Coriander Risotto is great to develop your baby’s palette further – it will introduce him/her to a different type of rice, more veggies & coriander. I am planning to make it for Leila soon & I’ll let you know what she thinks!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 cups of Risotto
Age: 7 months +
Storage in Fridge: Up to 3 days
Storage in Freezer: Up to 3 months
- 1 courgette
- 1 green pepper
- ½ cup peas
- 400ml water or vegetable stock + additional up to 1 cup water
- ½ cup Arborio risotto rice or small pasta
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped finely
1. Cut the courgette and pepper into small pieces and chop the coriander finely.
2. Either steam or boil the veggies in water until tender. If you choose the latter, in a pot, boil water, place the vegetables inside for 10 minutes until tender.
3. Once done, place separately into a food processor (or strong blender). Add coriander and water slowly if needed to get the desired consistency (up to 1 cup)
4. Meanwhile, cook the risotto rice using 400ml water or vegetable stock. Combine rice and water in a pan on medium heat. Reduce the heat and cover until rice is cooked. (for 20 minutes)
5. Mix rice and the vegetable purée and serve.