I love everything about this Beetroot Pumpkin Quinoa especially the colors! They’re so vibrant & the dish if full of flavors! (Little bit of cumin hidden inside) It is absolutely perfect for your 7 months old! She/He will love it!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Makes: 2 cups of Quinoa
Age: 7 months +
Storage in Fridge: Up to 3 days
Storage in Freezer: Up to 3 months
- 150g pumpkin
- 150g beetroot (around two)
- ½ cup of quinoa
- Up to 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp cumin
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Cut pumpkin and beets into cubes
3. On a tray, lined with parchment paper, place pumpkin and beets and roast for 50 minutes, turning throughout.
4. Once done, place each separately into a food processor (or strong blender). Add cumin to the pumpkin.
5. Add water slowly to both purees if needed to get the desired consistency.
6. Meanwhile, cook quinoa as per pack instructions. Serve when done with the 2 purees on top.