My grandmother used to make Zucchini Bechamel Bake when I used to be younger (used to call it – Gratin) and I used to hate it! But growing up, I started loving it and decided to make it. This is one of the easiest Bechamel Bake Recipes out there 🙂
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 kg Zucchini
- 500 g minced beef
- 1 large Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped finely
- 60 g Pine Nuts
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 75 g Butter
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 200 g shredded Emmental
- 450 g shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Chop Zucchini into circles (not too thin, not too thick), mushrooms into 4 pieces each and & garlic & onion finely
- Season Zucchini with salt.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil and fry zucchini until golden on each side. Set aside.
- Using the same pan fry chopped onion until golden. Add garlic,minced meat, salt & pepper and mix until the meat is brown. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry mushrooms. Set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- To make the Bechamel, melt butter then add flour. Stir until the mixture is homogenous.
- Add Milk & Nutmeg. Bring to boil while stirring. Add mushrooms and leave on low heat for 1 minute.
- Start layering: Bechamel, Zucchini,Meat Mix, Mozzarella, Emmental.Repeat & finish with a layer of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until upper cheese layer is golden. Enjoy this amazing Zucchini Bechamel Bake!