I was craving some Riz b Foul ( Rice with Broad Beans) but didnt find any broad beans in my fridge so I opted for Loubye (Long Beans). I love this dish for its simplicity and how comforting it is to have. I am barely using any oils while cooking and that is a good thing if you’re trying to eat healthy. Don’t forget to let me know what you think when you make it.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 cups water
- 500 g Minced Lamb
- 500 g Long Beans
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Beef Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon 7 Spices
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cut the onions very finely and break the beans into 2 pieces
- In a pan, on medium heat, pour a bit of olive oil and fry the onion until golden
- Add the minced meat + 1 tbsp 7 spices and stir until brown
- Add the beans to the mix. Mix well and let the beans cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the water, bouillon and rice on top of the mix and cook according the rice pack instructions.
- Serve with yoghurt when done.