This is a quick Penne Bolognese when you don’t have time and you’re running around like a headless chicken (like I am these days) but you need to make Lunch/Dinner. (lol) My husband loves it (me too!) so everyone is happy!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 2 Carrots, chopped finely
- 1 large Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped finely
- 2 Rosemary sticks
- 500 g Minced Beef
- 2 cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 50 g Shredded Parmesan
- Bunch of Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 500 g Cooked Penne (I am into Oats Pasta these days)
- Chop all vegetables finely.
- Pick rosemary leaves and chop finely too.
- In a pan, drizzle some olive oil. When hot, fry carrots. Add then onions and garlic once the carrots are softer and fry together until onions are golden.
- Add minced beef and rosemary. Cook until meat turns brown.
- Add oregano, tomatoes, chicken stock and basil. Let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes until sauce is thicker.
- Add parmesan at the end.
- Mix with cooked pasta (as per label instruction) and serve 🙂