This Mutton Stew was inspired from Munaty Cooking (https://www.munatycooking.com/2016/10/arabian-lamb-stew.html). I altered some of the ingredients, played with the quantities and the results were phenomenal! You must try this one!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
Serves: 3- 4 people
- 1 Kg Mutton cubes
- 2 Onions, chopped finely
- 4 Medium Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, minced finely
- 375 g Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Water
- 6 whole cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp 7 spices
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tablespoon Yemeni spice mix ( made of 2 ½ tablespoon cumin powder,2 tablespoon coriander powder, 1 tablespoon black pepper powder,1 tablespoon cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, ½ teaspoon 7 spices powder, 1 tablespoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder )
- 2 Beef Bouillon / Cubes
- Chop onions, potatoes, garlic well.
- In a pot, add oil and when hot add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the mutton and stir on medium heat until the it’s brownish.
- Add the spices and the garlic. Stir for one minute.
- Add the tomato paste, water and beef bouillon let it come to a boil. Add the potato and cover the pot.
- Cook for 1.5 hours and your Mutton Stew is ready!