Dhal is one of my favorite Indian Dishes 🙂 Did I tell you that I use to hate Indian Food? Imagine!!!! Dhal was one of the first dishes that made me love it and I can finally make it at home! YEY!! Enjoy xx
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Serves: 6 people
- 2 tbs Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 medium green Chilli
- 1 medium Onions, roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 37 g Masala Spices
- 1 tbs (5-g) Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbs (15-ml) Vegetable Oil
- 5 cups Water
- 1 cups Urad Dahl, washed and drained
- 4 tbs Light Cooking Cream
- 2-3 tbs Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped
1. Place Ginger & Garlic Paste, Chilli, Onions, Tomatoes, and Masala spices in a blender and process to a rough paste.
2. Meanwhile sauté Mustard seeds in hot Vegetable Oil in a large pan, add Masala Paste and sauté until aromatic, add Water and Urad Dahl, and simmer over medium heat until Dahl is fully cooked and soft around 45 minutes.
3. Use a blender to puree for 2-3 minutes, stir in Cream and garnish with Coriander leaves before serving with Parata bread.
Chef’s Tip: soaking Dhal lentils overnight will make them softer and make the cooking time faster.
* Recipe by Maggi