Bemye w Riz is one of my favorite Arabic Stews! (Bemye is Okra) Apparently, it helps you lose weight too so you better make it right away! I keep saying that everything is quick and easy to make but it truly is! Just follow the recipe and you’ll get a great meal to share with family and friends! ( a healthy one too 🙂 )
Let me know how the dish turns out to be!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
- 750 g Okra
- 10 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Tomatoes, Peeled
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 500 g Lamb Cubes
- 3 Cardamom Seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Beef Bouillon
- 4 cups Water (enough to cover the meat)
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Peel the tomatoes and mince garlic
- In a pot, over medium heat, add the water, meat, cardamom seeds and bay leaves and let the water boil. Get rid of the foam formed on top once the water boils.
- Lower heat and cook meat for another 20 minutes on low heat.
- Once done, put the meat aside and strain the beef broth.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat some olive oil (medium heat) and fry the minced garlic until golden.
- Add the okra and let them wilt a little. (about 5 minutes)
- Add the Tomatoes, the Beef Stock (3 cups), the beef bouillon, the meat, salt & pepper to taste.
- Let it cook for another 15 minutes until okra is fully cooked.
- Serve with Rice or Quinoa!