Freekeh is one of my FAVORITE things to eat – I literally can have it any day! This is a non traditional freekeh bowl full of nutrients & superfood to keep you full of energy throughout the day. Let us know what you think when you try it.
The recipe is part of SuperFood Suhoor, a digital show done by myself & @DelishbyAlia. Watch all the episodes on both our Youtube Channels:
Judy Karim: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLRpsrwQ7Bf_6I71s3U80vg
Delish by Alia: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVcyl1KO2cchManH7R-1y3A
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 2 cups cooked freekeh (For cracked freekeh, use one part freekeh to 2 1/2 parts liquid. Boil then cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender. Whole freekeh needs a bit more water – 3 cups. You can add chicken/vegetable stock, salt & pepper to add more flavor. 1 cup uncooked quinoa yield to 3 cups cooked)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Place the freekeh in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
- Arrange the avocado and eggs on top.