Here is an easy recipe that you can make as a side dish or even a main dish. It’s full with flavours, healthy and the kids can pitch in while making it 🙂
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
• 700g minced beef
• 1 medium sized egg
• 37 g Shawarma Spices
• ½ cup of bread crumbs
• 1 can of chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
• 1 tsp. sumac
• 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
• Pickled cucumber, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 150oC and place rack on medium level.
2. In a large bowl, mix the meat with shawarma spices, egg and bread crumbs.
3. Place this mixture in an oven-proof pan.
4. Drain the can of chopped tomatoes and place them on top of the layered meat.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix the onions and peppers with sumac and olive oil and place on the top of the layered meat mixture. Add the mozzarella slices.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the meat is cooked. (30 minutes – depending on your oven)
7. Top with sliced pickled cucumber before serving.